Companies are spending $10 Million+ per year on Saas: But how are they tracking the spend, how are they optimizing use of licenses, and how are they holistically managing this new technology (which is growing exponentially in the foreseeable future)?
Cleanshelf is the leading enterprise SaaS management platform focused on tracking, controlling, and benchmarking SaaS applications. Our SOC 2-compliant and AI-powered technology helps companies save up to 30% on their SaaS spending by automatically identifying unmanaged contracts, duplicate licenses, and wasted cloud software subscriptions.
We’re looking for a VP of Marketing to own the entire marketing function, including market awareness, positioning / branding / messaging, website SEO-SEM, inbound market (lead qualification), online channels, trade shows, marcom and PR. The VP of Marketing will be expected to significantly improve sales enablement, demand generation and overall conversion rates for the Company, while building & driving a world class marketing team and function.
The ideal candidate loves working on complex business problems and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and feedback-driven environment. You're highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic and you're looking for the right company to support your growth. If this sounds like a good opportunity, we’d love to meet you.
The position will be based out of our San Francisco office and will have broad exposure, visibility and impact throughout the organization, working closely with the CEO and the Board to define and measure the desired business outcomes.
- Serve on the executive leadership team to own the entire marketing function and direct the conceptualization, development, execution and evaluation of the marketing plans and programs in support of the Cleanshelf brand.
- Develop and manage execution of marketing programs targeting new and existing customers that include whitepapers, newsletters, webinars, industry events, and other related sales support programs.
- Define and manage the end-to-end integrated programs, including campaign ROI; acquiring stakeholder support; integrating with all support functions; identifying critical paths; managing milestones; delivering components on time, on budget with flawless execution.
- Drive and develop the demand generation strategy and execution of all demand generation programs.
- Design, test and execute demand generation and marketing campaign strategies.
- Work with internal/external resources to create compelling content and assets.
- Partner with sales team to understand needs and opportunities and ensure an effective closed loop marketing process.
- Measure and monitor lead to sales funnel activity to ensure predictable pipeline growth.
- Track and analyse ROI of all programs, campaigns and activities.
- Work with internal/external resources to manage Website, PR, PPC, SEO, SEM, and social media lead-gen.
- Manage CRM database, marketing automation system(s), and list purchases.
- Develop analytics to measure performance against metrics.
- Manage and develop a world class marketing team to execute against these objectives.
Qualifications & Experience:
- She/he will have “start-up” experience and preferably held a senior leadership role at a growth stage SaaS company with a successful exit with a solid background in executive level marketing (especially in guerrilla marketing & demand generation).
- The ideal candidate will be hungry and passionate having “seen the movie” before and now looking for a seat at the senior management table.
- Category Creator: established experience bringing SaaS / Cloud applications and services to market.
- Proven experience in providing strategic vision and developing marketing programs to develop and promote the brand, driving new B2B sales.
- Demonstrated proficiency with multiple formats of demand generation including email, website, PPC, SEO, SEM, social, direct mail and PR.
- Successful experience with list management, cleansing, de-duplication, data validation, segmentation, tagging and custom report creation.
- Verifiable experience with targeting, segmenting and profiling of prospects and customers.
- Confirmed experience writing and presenting ROI-driven marketing campaign plans.
- Verifiable track record of building the marketing strategy and implementing campaigns to grow revenue while working cross-functionally within an organization.
- Prior experience of having successfully partnered with sales organizations is critical to this role.
- Strong educational background. An MBA from a top ranked business school is highly desirable.
- Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; understands various types of business propositions and understands how businesses operate in general; learns new methods and technologies easily.
- Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on results, costs and the bottom line; not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known; drives to finish everything she/he starts.
- Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across.
- Understands the nature and idiosyncrasies of being an executive in a growth stage business; able to do more with less; willing, able and excited to jump in to support others.
In Return, We Offer
- The unique opportunity to work at an innovative tech company that is poised to dominate enterprise SaaS management market.
- Competitive Salary + Stock Options.
- Premium Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision.
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
Please send your applications to email@example.com.
Cleanshelf is the leading enterprise SaaS management platform focused on tracking, controlling, and benchmarking SaaS applications. Their SOC 2-compliant and AI-powered technology helps companies save up to 30% on their SaaS spending by automatically identifying unmanaged contracts, duplicate licenses, and wasted cloud software subscriptions. Based in San Francisco, Cleanshelf provides an enterprise-grade solution to over a hundred clients, including Hilton, Looker, and CoStar Group.