Dusan Omercevic, Cleanshelf and AJ Witt, The ITAM Review
Recently, Cleanshelf and The ITAM Review co-authored an article titled "The CIO's guide to saving $4000 per employee annually". Written by AJ Witt (ITAM Review) and Dusan Omercevic (Cleanshelf CEO & Founder), it offers industry insights for IT leaders.
Continue reading for a synopsis and the link to the full article.
How CIOs Can Save Thousands on Headcount
SaaS companies are enjoying huge success, and the numbers speak for themselves:
- Microsoft adds 3 million active Office 365 users every month.
- Adobe net income doubled in the six years following the switch to the Creative Cloud subscription model.
- Salesforce revenue & revenue growth chart looks like this.
So the question is who is driving these figures? But the answer is right underneath our noses. In truth, our organizations are responsible, partly because of the complexities of managing SaaS spending.
The new Cleanshelf infographic estimates that SaaS spending in the US tops $13k per employee every year. However, up to 30% of that spend is wasted. That's why CIOs need to leverage intelligence and strong stakeholder relationships to cut back effectively. So, where better to start than with SaaS Subscription Management and Cost Optimization tools?
Read The CIO's Guide to saving $4000 per employee annually to learn:
- How SaaS growth impacts the IT function and the CIO role.
- About the IT function's current challenges and the best tools and processes to overcome them.
- About the three cost-saving pillars: subscription utilization optimization; standardization; and data-driven vendor management.
- How these three cost-saving pillars help optimize SaaS costs.
The CIO's Guide to saving $4000 per employee annually" was first published in The ITAM Review on August 27, 2019 and co-authored by AJ Witt (ITAM Review) and Dusan Omercevic (Cleanshelf).
Cleanshelf is the leading enterprise SaaS management platform focused on tracking, controlling, and benchmarking SaaS applications. Their SOC 2-compliant and AI-powered technology helps companies save up to 30% on their SaaS spending by automatically identifying unmanaged contracts, duplicate licenses, and wasted cloud software subscriptions. Based in San Francisco, Cleanshelf provides an enterprise-grade solution to over a hundred clients, including Hilton, Looker, and CoStar Group.